Sunday, November 23, 2008

Post-its

I have been told in my life it is better to pray out of love than fear. Who can love a fearful angry God? Should God rule through intimidation and a vengeful heart, or love and a "father's" hand?
Recently my husband came to me with new insight that I feel I must share. He travels a lot on buisness and is constantly flying. He told me ha always prays right before take-off and right after landing, but is embarrased and guilty because he knows he shouldn't be praying out of fear, but love. On his last trip he forgot to pray before take-off and realized, that even in praying out of fear he was thinking of our Heavenly Father. Even in our fear we are reminded of him and we look to him. It is like a sticky note in our minds saying, don't forget he loves you and watched out for you. A blessing in disguise. So yes, it is good to pray in praise of him, but don't ever feel ashamed when you are reminded of him and your thoughts turn to the Lord. It is your thoughts of Him that He is looking for, however they come.

No comments: