Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Living a religon

The truth of the matter is, if you haven't found a religon that challenges you, forces you to make changes or makes you think twice before you make a decision, maybe you actually haven't found the right religon?
We are, none of us, perfect. Our goal in this life should be to strive toward that. We may never reach that, will never reach that, but it is our duty to work toward perfection.
Jesus said "Do as I do" and so we must.
For those who say "nature is my religon" I agree, it should be, but that should not be the end of your studies. Jesus spent 40 days and nights in the wilderness. He cleansed his life, opened himself to the beauty God created and communed with him on the most basic and real level. Yet he also taught others. He led sermons and instructed his desciples to do the same.
Teach and bring others to me. He taught in synagogs, on hillsides, in homes and most importantly by example. How can we as christians live and say we are followers of Christ, if no one can see that in our lives?
Is it hard? Yes. Should it be? Probably. Some say the right path is never easy, but always worth it.
I will keep searching for a religon that not only challenges me, but brings out the light of Christ in all I do.

I guess my only question is now, how?

No comments: